COMMITTEE VISITS - 2013
In conjunction with the month of Ramadan and the coming of Aidilfitri, a delegation from our RAFOC Committee visited four of our RAFOC members who were "uzur" and the family of a member who recently left us.
On Tuesday, 30 July 2013, five members of the committee led by Mej Jen Datuk Hj Yahya bin Bidin, TUDM, (Bersara), Committee Member/Chairman of our Welfare & Net-Working Sub-Committee, visited two such members:
On Thursday, 1 August 2013, five members of the committee again led by Mej Jen Datuk Hj Yahya bin Bidin, TUDM, (Bersara), Committee Member/Chairman of our Welfare & Net-Working Sub-Committee, visited another two of our members and family of one of our members who recently left us:
- Lt Jen Datuk Seri Bashir bin Hj Abu Bakar, TUDM, (Bersara) (60; SSC 20; Pilot; 1972-2011) in his house in Bandar Seri Putra, Kajang. Datuk Seri Bashir had a minor stroke about four months ago. He had his treatment at HUKM but had not fully recovered and still under medication and hospital visits. He was not able to walk and was wheel-chair bound.
- Kept Jallaludin bin Idris, TLDM, (Bersara) (76; BRNC; Engr; 1960-1983) in Bandar Baru Bangi. Kept Jalalluddin looked OK except that he was suffering from occasional loss of memory and as such cannot leave the house on his own.
For this visit, Kept Rani bin Mohd Raji, TLDM, (Bersara) from the RMNOA Committee joined the delegation.
- Jen Tan Sri Hj Mohd Sany bin Abd Ghaffar, (Bersara) (87; RAMD; RMAS 08; 1952-1981; Mantan PAT) in his house in Taman Sri Keramat, Kuala Lumpur. Tan Sri Sany was not sick per se but he was bed ridden and wheel-chair bound. His memory was still good, able to recollect the good old days in 8 Royal Malay with three members who were in the unit with him. Puan Sri Normah also looked well and in good health.
For this visit, our RAFOC President was also present. So were Mej Jen Dato' Abd Shukor bin Hj Jaafar, (Bersara), Brig Jen Dato' Adnan bin Mohd Ali, (Bersara), Kol Abd Malek bin Mohd Alwi, (Bersara), President of KP RAMD and Kept Rani bin Mohd Raji, TLDM, (Bersara) from the RMNOA Committee.
- Brig Jen Dato' Annuar bin Md Amin, (Bersara) (67; RAMD; Reg 08; 1965-2000) in Taman Melawati, Kuala Lumpur. Dato' Annuar underwent a by-pass operation in 2012 and was yet to fully recover from the operation and still on medication. But he was still the old Annuar - ever talkative and looking forward to join us for golf again.
Brig Jen Dato' Adnan bin Mohd Ali, (Bersara) and Kol Abd Malek bin Mohd Alwi, (Bersara), President of KP RAMD joined the delegation.
- Hajah Baiyah bt Yeop Omar, widow of Allahyarham Kol Mohd Fadzil bin Ahmad, (Bersara) (1934-2013; RAMD; RMAS 20; 1957-1989) also in Taman Melawati, Kuala Lumpur. Allahyarham Kol Fadzil passed away on 16 Jul 2013. The delegation was happy to note that the arrangements for the transfer of pension etc for the wife had been taken care of.
Brig Jen Dato' Adnan bin Mohd Ali, (Bersara) and Kol Abd Malek bin Mohd Alwi, (Bersara), President of KP RAMD also joined the delegation.
All in all, it was a good effort by the members of our RAFOC Committee and the others who joined the delegation, to find the time to make the visits - to let such members know that our RAFOC Committee, or for that matter, all members of RAFOC, are concerned with their well being.
The Committee has identified another four RAFOC members and another family of our deceased RAFOC member who needs to be visited, which we will do after Hari Raya. Members who would like to join the committee during such visits in the future are kindly requested to inform our RAFOC Secretariat (HP: 013-2069895).