"TOKOH RAFOC" ANNUAL AWARD
1. There are over 10,000 Armed Forces officers (from the three Services) who are now retired (with or without pension). Many of them have continued to contribute their time and energy in the activities of the nation, society and community in particular the Armed Forces veterans' community. A number of them have been duly recognised with the bestowment of various honours and awards at the state, national and organizations levels.
2. It is felt appropriate that the retired Armed Forces officers (with or without pension) who have contributed to the activities and the well-being of the Armed Forces veterans' community be given due recognition by the Armed Forces veterans' community itself, through RAFOC.
3. The following criteria are proposed:
a.) Retired Armed Forces officers (with or without pension).
b.) Contribution towards the activities and well-being of the Armed Forces veterans' community.
c.) Prominent and proven in their contributions.
d.) Members or yet to register as members of RAFOC.
4. Nominations for the "TOKOH RAFOC" will be proposed by a member of RAFOC and seconded by another member of RAFO with the basis of nomination in the format and within the time stipulated by the Executive Committee of RAFOC.
5. The Consideration and selection of the "TOKOH RAFOC" will be made by the Executive Committee of RAFOC.
6. The recognition will be made during the Annual Dinner to be organized by RAFOC with the presentation to be made by the RAFOC President or the Guest of Honour present at the dinner.
7. For the time being, the recognition is only by the presentation of a certificate of recognition. The recognition with cash award will be considered when the RAFOC fund permits such or if there is a sponsor/contributor. The cash award will be for the use of the recipient or to be given to any charitable organization to be determined by the recipient and RAFOC.
Receipients To Date
8. The first such award was made in 2013 with the recognition as "Tokoh RAFOC - 2013" awarded jointly to Jen Tan Sri Datuk Amar Mohd Ghazali bin Dato' Mohd Seth, (Bersara), the President of RAFOC and Lt Kol Dato' Nawawi bin Mat Desa, (Bersara), the Honorary Secretary of RAFOC, for their contributions in the re-activation and development of RAFOC to-date. The award was made by DYMM Raja Perlis to Tan Sri Mohd Ghazali and Dato' Nawawi, during our Annual Dinner held on 21 December 2013.
9. In 2014, Allahyarham Lt Kol Datuk Abd Hamid bin Ibrahim, (Bersara), President of the World Veterans Federation, was recognized posthumously as "Tokoh RAFOC - 2014" for his contributions to the veterans' affairs and well-being at the national and international levels. The award was made by KDYMM Sultan Pahang and received by Datin Samihani Abdullah, on behalf of her husband, Allahyarham Datuk Abdul Hamid, during our Annual Dinner held on 7 December 2014.
9. In 2015, YB. Senator Laksamana Tan Sri Dato' Setia Mohd Anwar bin Hj Mohd Nor, (Bersara), President of PNATM the Deputy President of World Veterans Federation, was recognized as "Tokoh RAFOC - 2015" for his prominence and contributions to the veterans' affairs at the national and international levels. The award was made by DYMM Raja Perlis during our Annual Dinner held on 13 December 2015.