MEETING WITH THE NEW PBTM PRESIDENT
Eleven members of our RAFOC Committee, led by Jen Tan Sri Datuk Amar Mohd Ghazali bin Dato' Mohd Seth, our President made a courtesy call on the new President of PBTM, Laksamana Tan Sri Dato' Seri Mohd Anwar bin Mohd Nor, (Bersara) at his LTAT office, Kuala Lumpur on Thursday, 14 March 2013 from 14:30 to 16:30 hours.
Athough the initial aim of the visit was to call on the new President of PBTM and to congratulate him and his new team on their election to office, it turned out to be a discussion on various issues which were common to both associations. Present during the meeting were the following from PBTM:
- Kapt Shahruddin bin Hj Omar, (Bersara), Deputy President.
- Mej Sazali bin Hj Ismail, (Bersara), Vice-President I.
- Brig Jen Dato' Muslim bin Yusof, (Bersara), Vice President II.
- Lt Kol Tajul Ariffin bin Chu Johari, (Bersara), Secretary-General.
Our RAFOC committee raised a number of issues common to RAFOC and PBTM, including the following:
- Akta Veteran 2012 - Implementation.
- The number of Armed Forces veterans' Associations/Clubs.
- The roles of RAFOC and PBTM.
- Hari Pahlawan Ceremony.
- Medical Benefits & Farmasi Veteran.
- The New Pay Scheme For the Armed Forces and its effect on the Pension Scheme for the retired Armed Forces Veterans.
- The Armed Intrusion in Sabah and its Effect on the Armed Forces Veterans.
In their deliberations, both sides saw the need to pursue certain issues together in order for the issues to be heard and resolved by the appropriate authorities. To this end, both sides agreed to meet from time to time in the future to discuss common issues that need to be followed up.
This is the first such meeting by our RAFOC Committee with the PBTM President and his Committee. The Committee hopes to establish a close association between RAFOC and PBTM, and for RAFOC to contribute to the objects and activities of PBTM and vice-versa, for the good of the Armed Forces veterans as a whole.